TablaLab Riyaz :1 has been released for iPad. It is in the App Store and can be found here.
There’s a whole load more info and a complete version to try out in Flash over on my app site here
This is a phrase (or ‘bol’) trainer for assisting practice of these famous classical indian drums. This is a phrase (or ‘bol’) trainer for assisting practice of these famous classical indian drums.
â€œAs a tabla-player myself, it became apparent to me that it would be useful to have an app which could throw out phrases for me to repeat, focussing on timing and clarity. I became aware that my practice generally focusses on one composition at a time and rarely do I try to mix up phrases. This app aims to give the player a challenge in developing a theme by repeating or improvising on a sequence of phrases as the app calls them out, in a ‘call and return’ style.â€
– Realistic instrument sound from extremely good quality samples (using over one minute of 320kbps stereo audio recorded from live tabla)
– Pitch control of instrument sounds
– Tempo control
– Over 100 pages of phrases
– Repeat control for each page which can be set to 2,3,4,8 or 99 loops
– A 2 pitch metronome synchronised to the cycle
– Thereâ€™s a wide variety of phrases for most levels and abilities.